DISCLAIMER


DISCLAIMER: 1. The risk of trading equities and/or derivatives can be substantial. 2. Any decision to purchase or sell as a result of the opinions expressed in this blog will be the full responsability of the person authorizing such transaction. 3. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

quinta-feira, 22 de maio de 2008

A Classic by Larry Williams

Publicado em 1999 pela Wiley Trading Advantage, Long-term Secrets to Short-Term Trading é um clássico do mundo dos investimentos. Larry Williams se notabilizou como trader de commodities. Esteve no Brasil em 2005.

O livro permaneceu em minha wish list por vários anos. No entanto, por capricho, resistia em comprá-lo, sempre aguardando uma promoção (que, aliás, nunca veio). A seção introdutória da obra é um testemunho dos mais verdadeiros e sinceros que já li em algum livro do gênero. A sua parte final reproduzo abaixo:

"...I believe three motivators are found in the heart of a successful speculator: an intense desire to make a lot of money, a longing or yearning to show somebody else up, and an internal discontent with how things are. Great big chunks of unrest seem to be an important asset for a speculator. Although most people seek balance in their life, I have never felt that very healthy; no great achievements were ever made by perfectly normal people. Sometimes I think about living a more balanced life. That thought usually lasts a couple of seconds. I guess my unrest will never go away, but if my lifestyle tells us anything, it is that unrest fans the flames of a speculator's internal fires.
I would probably trade the markets without wanting profits if it "proved" my worth to the world, to an old girlfriend, to my parents, my brother, or even someone I cannot identify or dredge from the recesses of my mind. Saying I am ego-driven may be correct, but it is not about bragging, it is about showing them I can overcome."

3 comentários:

Bob disse...

Vou dar uma olhada neste book Fact. Já terminou de ler? Era o que esperava?

Fact Finder disse...

Um misto de backtesting de padrões gráficos preferidos permeado por estórias e um agradável estilo de escrita. Vale a leitura, até por ser um livro meio cult...

Bob disse...

Beleza, vou procurar.